Pay: $54,850 - $101,086
Job Type: Full-time # People to Hire for this job: 1
Schedule: 40 hours per week (Monday - Friday; may require some evening and weekend commitments)
FAIRHOPE Hospice & Palliative Care, Home of The Pickering House is seeking a Development Manager to implement the development plan and manage short and long-term fundraising efforts of the organization. Lead development strategies and campaigns to support FAIRHOPE's mission for the agency’s service area - Fairfield, Hocking, Perry and surrounding counties of Athens, Franklin, Licking, Muskingum, Pickaway, and Vinton.
We believe in a professional team approach. Candidate works collaboratively with FAIRHOPE leadership and community education team in maintaining community and business to business partner relationships.
An ideal candidate to join our team is experienced in building and nurturing relationships. One who is driven and knowledgeable of and understands area challenges and opportunities for growth and the ever-changing trends.
Benefits FAIRHOPE offers:
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- 401(k) and 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Mileage reimbursement
- Free parking
- Family-like atmosphere
- Create and execute an annual fundraising plan, with assistance from the President & CEO, to support FAIRHOPE’s development goals. Key components of that plan will include:
- Managing fundraising campaigns, including but not limited to, major gifts program, end-of-year, recurring donations, and as needed.
- Planning and executing an annual fundraising event by managing sponsor relationships, logistics, and ticket sales.
- Prepare grant proposals and, working with accounting, prepare follow-up reports.
- Manage the administrative functions of development including budgeting, forecasting, preparation of policies and procedures, and execution of donor agreements to improve quality and maintain regulatory compliance.
- Prepares financials for grant proposals and funding reports as required.
- Provide timely reporting of development efforts to the President & CEO, the Development Committee of the Board of Trustees, the Board of Trustees, and other key constituents.
- Secure new individual, corporate, and foundational donors and maintain relationships with current supporters.
- Strengthen partnerships with other organizations that financially support FAIRHOPE.
- Promote the impact FAIRHOPE donors have to the community we serve using effective communication strategies, outreach efforts, and recognition events.
- Explore and develop funding options in the community served by FAIRHOPE.
- Working with the Marketing Department, develop and implement communications strategies designed to enhance organizational visibility in the community.
- Working with pertinent FAIRHOPE staff, this position is responsible for the production and distribution of the Annual Report.
- Maneuvers the Employee Giving Campaign within the Donor Management System (Bloomerang).
- Is flexible and available to clinical and customer service teams. Assigns appropriate designee when unavailable.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships, communication, problem resolution and networking with leadership/staff, other agency teams, and suppliers/vendors.
- Is compliant with internal and external regulatory standards including local and state health departments, Medicare, Medicaid, The Joint Commission, licensure and agency policies and procedures to assure readiness for inspections, both announced and unannounced.
- Collaborates with the President and CEO in developing, maintaining, and implementing the Development practices, procedures, and standards. Ensures compliance with same.
- Possesses ability to manage people as needed and exhibits strong conflict resolution skills.
- Has strong organizational and system skills, as well as ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize as necessary.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years experience in development and business development referred.
- Strong computer skills, particularly spreadsheets, donor databases (knowledge of Bloomerang), knowledge of Microsoft Office products, and social media platforms.
- Ability to manage time efficiently.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license, good driving record and auto accident insurance at a level acceptable to FAIRHOPE and/or FAIRHOPE’s insurer.
- May require evenings and weekends to accommodate development events, fundraising events, meetings, and any other Development and organizational needs that occur outside of typical office hours.
FAIRHOPE Core Values
FAIRHOPE Hospice is a 501c3 not-for-profit organization. We are dedicated to our patients, employees, and community. We ask you to commit to living the core values of the organization:
Team Player: A team is “we”. Our philosophy is We over me. We celebrate everyone’s success. Be respectful of everyone’s ideas and opinions. Have a “how can I help?” attitude vs an “it’s not my job” attitude. Be forward-thinking and goal-oriented. Talk the talk, walk the walk.
Have Accountability/Follow-Through: Don’t be afraid to make mistakes, but be willing to learn from them. Take ownership to be responsive and produce timely, quality work. Be reliable. Do what you say you’re going to do. Stick to your word.
Lead By Example: Recognize the importance of your role by being committed, passionate, and present. Take initiative. Go above and beyond and be a self-starter. Have a passion for the work we do and the people we serve.
Be a part of an exciting well-known, well-respected organization:
FAIRHOPE Hospice & Palliative Care, Inc.!
If you desire to use your development and management expertise at a recognized community-based hospice with a caring staff, send us your resume or apply in person:
FAIRHOPE Hospice and Palliative Care, Inc.
The Pickering House
282 Sells Road, Lancaster, OH 43130
Or send resume electronically to:
Ronald Rowley, Director of HR – firstname.lastname@example.org
FAX to: 740.475.0627
Mission Statement: FAIRHOPE Hospice and Palliative Care, Inc. promotes compassionate end-of-life care through a professional team approach. We strive to relieve suffering by providing comfort, support and resources to meet the palliative and grief needs of the community.
FAIRHOPE Hospice & Palliative Care, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.