Join us for the Ohio Means Jobs "On The Job Training" Webinar and learn how employers are earning rebates for training employees for longevity.
The OJT program operates on the premise that employers make the best trainers for the jobs specific to their industry and provide the best training sites- the place where the actual job is performed. The OJT contract is meant to offset part of the initial costs of training a new employee.
Below are some of the qualifications needed to apply, but we will go over the program, eligibility, and how to earn rebates on the webinar.
• Offer a FULL-TIME work schedule- 32 hours/ week minimum.
• Offer Employment to trainees at the start of the program.
• Positions offer a minimum starting wage of $20/ hour.
• Have positions suitable for OJT training.
TYPES OF SUITABLE JOBS FOR OJT:
• Low Turnover.
• Long- term positions that offer employee growth.
• New employee proficiency can be achieved in six months or less.
• Hands- on and skill- oriented positions.
• Various jobs benefit from OJT- speak with your Business Services Consultant about eligibility
The employer is responsible for the full payment of wages to the employee (trainee) during training but is reimbursed up to 50% of the trainee's wage during the OJT program, up to a maximum reimbursement of $14,000/ per trainee.
• Candidates must be registered with OhioMeansJobs- Columbus Franklin County Job Center to verify eligibility guidelines for the OJT program.
• You can select your own candidates (provided they meet eligibility guidelines) or select job seekers through OhioMeansJobs provided resources.
• OhioMeansJobs can help you advertise and recruit candidates.
An OJT training plan has a maximum training period of 1,040 hours or 6 months. whichever comes first. Training may combine hands- on training with classroom training that results in an industry recognized credential. Classroom training resulting in an industry recognized credential also qualifies.